- 1 package (454g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (green, orange, yellow or red), chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can (796ml) of diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 cans (298ml each) of tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 can (156ml) of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried marjoram
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
In large saucepan, sautee ground beef on med-high until thoroughly cooked. Add garlic and onion; sautee for about 2 minutes. Next, add carrot, bell pepper and zucchini; sautee until they begin to soften, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and bay leaf; stir to combine. Reduce heat; simmer for 1 hour.
Remove bay leaf and serve over spaghetti noodles, or make a lasagna.
Carb saver: serve over cooked spaghetti squash.