Yield: One 9×11 pan
- 1 batch of traditional meatsauce
- 1 package of whole wheat fresh lasagna noodles (Olivieri)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained of all water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package of italian blend shredded cheese (Kraft)
Preheat oven to 400F
In a bowl, stir together cottage cheese, egg, parmesan, spinach, salt and pepper until well combined.
In 9×11 baking dish, cover the bottom with meatsauce. Cover with a layer of lasagna noodles. Pour cottage cheese mixture over noodles (this becomes the middle layer), then cover with another layer of noodles. Cover this final layer of noodles with meatsauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven (and foil); cover with shredded cheese. Cook uncovered for another 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and golden brown.