Asian Ground Pork and Noodles
- 1 lb (500g) ground pork
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into match sticks
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 to 4 cups no salt added chicken broth
- Approx 1-1/2 cups whole wheat rice noodles or chow mein noodles
- Sesame seeds and sliced green onion, for garnish
In large saucepan, cook ground pork until browned and no pink remains. Add onion, garlic and ginger; sauté until onion becomes translucent. Add carrots, cook for just a few minutes until they begin to soften slightly and then add bok choy. Add sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Break rice or chown mein noodles into pieces about 1.5 to 2 inches long; mix into meat and veggie mixture. Slowly dissolve corn starch into 1 cup of chicken broth then pour into meat and noodle mixture. Stir well and bring liquid to a boil. Continue adding remaining 1 to 3 cups of chicken broth (slowly) whenever liquid begins to dry up for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are soft to your liking.
Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and sliced green onion.