Coconut Flour Carrot Oatmeal Muffins (Gluten Free)
Yield: 15 muffins
- 1-1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup organic or brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot (approx 2 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded apple (approx 1 medium apple)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F
Put raisins in small bowl and cover with hot water to plump up; set aside.
Combine oats, flax, coconut flour, sugar, baking soda, and spices. In separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, water, and milk then add to dry mixture. Fold in carrot, apple, raisins (squeezing out excess liquid beforehand) and nuts. Spoon into lined or greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
My recipe has been featured on the Coconut Recipes website! Check it out!